How to Capture Desktop Screen Video using VLC Media Player
Do you want to Record or Capture your computer screen as a Video file? Then read this article. In this article you will get to know how to record desktop screen using VLC media player. There might be several reasons that you want to Capture your computer screen. Maybe you play lots of computer games and you want to record them as Gameplay Video to publish them on youtube. Or You may be making How to or tutorial videos that need desktop screen recording. VLC Media Player is ready for this purpose.
You don’t need any other Screen Capture software. I believe you must have VLC media player Installed in your Computer. If you don’t have this player installed then just download and install it in your computer. Its completely free.
Capture Desktop Screen Video using VLC Media Player
1. Open VLC Media Player.
2. Click Media from menu and Choose Stream. Or from your keyboard Press Ctrl+S.
3. In the Open media box click Capture Device tab.
4. Under Capture mode choose “Desktop” from the list. Then select desired frame rate for the capture. Good rate is 10.00 f/s.
5. Click Stream.
6. Click Next to setup Destinations.
7. Under New destination click Add.
8. Click Browse, choose destination folder where you want to save the output file. Then Give a file name like 12345.mp4. Then click Save.
9. Under Profile drop down list select your desire video format. “Video- MPEG-4+AAC(MP4)” format is good.
10. Now Click Stream.
You are done! VLC will start recording your Computer screen. Whenever you want to stop the recording just stop and close your VLC media player.
You can watch the Video Guide below:
You can read our previous article How to Cut Video with VLC Media Player.